Monday, November 4, 2013

CWLC # 65 Christmas Reds and Greens

Created with Love Challenges
#65
Christmas
All about the Reds and Greens

Good morning.
Can you believe it's November already??

Time to really start thinking about Christmas.

But before we do,
we need to see who last week's winners are.

Our Sponsor last week was...

The winner of 2 images 
(of the winner's choice) 
is
#131 Joyce
You have 2 weeks to email us
to claim your prize.  
To claim your prize...
please EMAIL US


This week's Top 3 are....

#3 Jane Ayres


#125 Julie P


#163 Bettina


Because we have over 100 entries we have
5 Honorable Mentions...

#6 Annie


#40 Helen


#46 Shalu


#67 Hilde


#148 Mian Hahne


stockings border


This week our sponsor is...


The winner will receive 5 images of their choice.

Our challenge this week is a
Christmas Color Challenge.
We want to see your Christmas Reds and Greens.
Yeap, the traditional Christmas colors.  

Lets wee what our Design Team has for inspiration.....

OH But wait!!!
Today is the first challenge for our new 
Design Team Members!!!

So Lets meet our FIVE 
new members
and see what they 
have for inspiration first.  



hi, my names Caroline, I'm 51 and live in the countryside in the north east of England.UK
I have been a keen crafter the best part of all my life. I used to be an adult education tutor teaching crafts, from cardmaking, salt dough, silk painting and sugarcraft just to name a few. I also ran craft classes for young people at out local youth club. Due to back injury i am now disabled and can no longer work or do my sugarcraft,so my spare room which is my craftroom now is where i like to spend a lot of my time making cards. I like to make cards of all types showing that anybody can make a card you can work with the materials you have and on a budget. I have only been using promarkers for just over a year I'm no expert but get great pleasure in seeing a picture come together. 

Caroline used
A Toddler's Christmas





Hello, my name is Holly and I live in Yorkshire, UK, where it generally rains and does not much else, but that gives me plenty of time to sit indoors and craft. I have been making cards for about a year now and I soon moved onto sewing and trying other crafts too.

It started as something to keep me occupied while the hubby (or fiance as he was at the time) watched football (soccer to anyone in the US) and it became a bit of an obsession, so much so that my spare room is now my craft room and I no longer have to sit at the kitchen table.


My other hobbies include tap dancing, following MotoGP and reading. I also hope to start studying for my history degree later this year, as well as doing some creative craft courses at my local college, but first I need to go on my honeymoon as I got married over Christmas.

I sometimes wonder how I find time to do all this, and see my friends, as by day I am a legal secretary too.

Holly used
Snow Buddies Gift


Card-making is my passion.  Okay, it is more serious than that - it is an addiction!  Now that I am retired and all my children are grown and gone,  I am able to spend hours every day in my craft room.  Most of my cards go to Operation Write Home. I started making cards about 12 years ago and my love of it just keeps growing.
When I am not making cards, I am spending time with my husband of 45 years or one or more of my 11 grandchildren.  I am fortunate to have 5 of my 6 children within driving distance.

Other activities that keep me busy  - yard work, a garden, Awanas, photographing some of the beauty in the area we live.
I am very excited to be a new team member.  I hope you will enjoy what I share with you. 

Marsha used 
Caroling Kids



Just a little about myself, I have been a stamper for a long time!  I started by going to some card marking classes at our local craft stores which was more then 10 years ago.  And immediately I was hooked.  I love all kinds of stamps and consider my style everything from clean and classy to chic and fun.
I am a stay at home crafter!! I am in my woman's cave for at least 2 to 3 hours a day and believe me I could be there all day but I do have to pay attention to the hubby and feed him on occasion!!

Pam used
Candy Canes


My name is Roberta, I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana.  I've been married to my high school sweetheart for over 28 years and we're the proud parents of 3 incredible young men.  To say that I'm abundantly blessed would be a huge understatement!
All of my life, I've been dabbling in crafts of one sort or another.  Then, a little over a year ago, I started making cards.  That has become a true craft passion!  I'm amazed by the artistry of so many of the cards that I see all over the internet and love learning the different techniques used to make them.  YouTube is my friend/mentor....there are incredible crafters there that so generously share their tutorials. 
My blog, QueenBeePaperCrafts.blogspot.com, came about as a way to enter my cards into challenges.  I had no idea what fun blogging can be...or how addictive it is!  Since the end of July, 2013 when I began the blog, I've found some really lovely new friends.  The words of encouragement and advice they send me are so appreciated.


Roberta used
Santa and Mistletow

And now for some inspiration from the rest of the team....

Chris
Cat Christmas

Candy Canes

Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells

Christmas Wreath

Now you have till  
Saturday, November 9, 2013,
9 PM EST, to enter to win.
_________

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to all of the winners...so many beautiful cards. Many thanks for selecting my card as the winning entry this week. I have sent my email.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing me in your top 3, you made my day
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for choosing me for the top 3. Awsome!! Congrats to the other winners too :) Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...cant believe that i m in honorable mentions....Thanks a lot for choosing me....!!:)...Congrats to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.....so pretty, ladies! Wonderful job! Thanks for the lovely challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such nice cards. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fun challenge and the beautiful DT work for added inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete